Table of Contents
Group query with the startup, perhaps it’s encouraging sign, it rings the bell of good profits for the firm.All dream of closing the group and give 100% efforts to offer the best price and service to the client. But trust me, friends, it’s not easy to deliver when you are a start-up and if you are taking quotes from B2B companies probability of closing the deal will be less. The best way is to deal with DMC directly to get the best price for land services (Services offered once you reach the destination ). For the airline, it’s important to get the group fare and in most of the cases start-up goes to the consolidators for it, interestingly sometimes you get a better deal from them but not in all cases, so it is imperative to check the fares with General sales agent and preferred sales agent of the airlines for group flight booking and after you get the fares from all, the best one should be quoted to the client.
What is General Sales Agent / Preferred sales Agent.
GSA and PSA are marketing, business development and sales partners of the airlines, these partners have offices in high street locations and offer complete support to the airlines for sales and marketing.
To get the group fare from the consolidator or PSA you need to follow the below process :
- Contact the PSA/GSA or Consolidator with flight details and the exact number of passengers.
- PSA/GSA or Consolidator will offer you the fare and taxes separately.
- Once your client approves the quote and wants to seal the deal at the quoted price, he needs to pay guarantee money which is refundable post travel. Amount of the same is shared by the PSA/GSA/Consolidators.
- Passport copies should be shared with GSA/PSA or consolidators and give ok on mail to hold the seat block at the quoted price, along with the blocking money.
- Once air block is hold airlines gives time limit for naming list and payment.
- Balance payment need to be paid by the client as per conditions of the PSA/GSA or consolidators generally 20 days prior to the departure.
- If payment policy has not adhered strictly and there is a lapse in payment then PNR can be cancelled.
Stay tuned to know how to get best rates for the hotels in India in my next article !